using PGP with this list

Mike McCarty mike.mccarty at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 15 17:05:58 UTC 2005

Tim wrote:
> Gilboa:

> François Patte:
>
>>>I promise...!
>

> Nathan Grennan:
>
>>I don't think you should have to stop using gpg on your messages. They
>>are perfectly readable to me. Plus it helps prove the message came from
>>you. If people let others use lame excuses to get them to stop using gpg
>>for e-mail then we will never get anywhere with it.
>

> I'm in two minds about PGP on here.

[snip]

So am I but for different reasons.
I don't have my reader set to verify PGP signed stuff. But so
many people who use PGP think they need 4Kbit keys, I get
tired of reading essentially useless junk at the end of the
messages. Back in the good old days when Telecom engineers
had jobs and I was employed, one guy started using 4Kbit keys
with PGP on company e-mail. I finally asked him just not ever
to send me e-mail again, but call me on the 'phone.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.