Is Redhat/Fedora Losing Interest in KDE?

Christofer C. Bell christofer.c.bell at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 22:26:20 UTC 2005

On 12/17/05, Rex Dieter <rdieter at math.unl.edu> wrote:

> FYI, in theory the menus should be approximately the same, but redhat
> chose to make kde's different (I think it's related to a past bug, but I
> don't believe it's relavent anymore).

Red Hat drew fire from KDE folks back when they chose to change KDE to
make it as "GNOME-like" as possible.  Not that their goal was to make
it like GNOME, per se, it was to make it so that GNOME and KDE were as
similar as possible for the end user, so that one could "get stuff
done" no matter which desktop they were using.

I can understand the desire to customize the desktop for your customer
base, I really don't think it's necessary, however.  All Red Hat's
efforts proved to do was confuse people.  Or at least confuse long
time KDE users.

--
Chris

"I trust the Democrats to take away my money, which I can afford.  I
trust the Republicans to take away my freedom, which I cannot."