REALLY slow xstart and kde start

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Mon Dec 19 02:09:01 UTC 2005

On Sun December 18 2005 8:18 pm, Jon D. Slater wrote:
> Any ideas what's up?
I doubt this is it, but I'll offer it because I just spent two days fighting
the exact same problem on a fresh install of a different distro. The problem
- it turned out that NDISwrapper was my culprit. I don't have all the issues
fleshed out, yet, but, I throw this out since our similar events are so
coincidental. In my case, I had NDISwrapper on my laptop to get my broadcom
wireless to be able to use its Windows driver - when I configured it, I had
it set to start on boot, and that's what threw it. It spent a huge amount of
time trying to start wlan0 and was unable to (for reasons I'm still trying to
understand), and that hogged all my system's resources - boot time slowed to
about 15 minutes
--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA