Program to convert a AVI file to VOB format

Peter Lesterhuis peterlesterhuis at tiscali.nl
Mon Dec 19 12:42:15 UTC 2005

>> Thanks, Bob, but mencoder is probably the most complicated program
>> ever made in the history of humankind. Definitely, I cannot deal with
>> mencoder.
>>
>> Paul
>>

>Paul,
>
>Agreed.  The one time I've used it, it was tedious.  How about kmenc:
>
>http://linux.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Video/Kmenc15-2537.shtml
>
>I don't know anything about it, but might be worth a look.

Are you looking for a program to create dvd 's?
In that case have a look at:
https://developer.berlios.de/projects/tovid/
It is a suite of tools converting almost any video-format into dvd. It's
easy to use, even if you (like me) have limited knowledge of handling
video-formats, thanks to the clear documentation.
Peter.