mpage madness.-resolved

akonstam at trinity.edu akonstam at trinity.edu
Mon Dec 19 21:39:10 UTC 2005

On Thu, Dec 15, 2005 at 11:02:08AM -0600, akonstam at trinity.edu wrote:
> Has anyone  had the problem we are having with mpage printing multiple
> copies of documents. Below is a outline of some tests on two machines
> moof and Sneezy.
>
> 1. Moof and the Sneezy are running the same version of mpage.
> mpage-2.5.4-5
> 2. I produced a ps file from mpage on Moof and Sneezy which were
> essentially the same.
> 3. Doing an lpr psfile from mpage on Sneezy but printed on Moof
> produced one copy. Printing the same file on Sneezy produced 15
> copies.
> 4. Printing a  different ps file on Sneezy produced only one copy.
>
> Well I am mystified. Any ideas.
> --

-- From the lack od respoonses I figured everyone is as clueless as I
was. But miracle of mircle mpage works correctly now. Any one for
computer gejins out to drive us crazy.

It's reassuring to know that if you behave strangely enough, society will
take full responsibility for you.
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University