Bluetooth and linux

Rick Lim ricklim at telus.net
Wed Dec 21 16:11:06 UTC 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: fedora-list-bounces at redhat.com [mailto:fedora-list-bounces at redhat.com]
On Behalf Of Sam Varshavchik
Sent: Tuesday, December 20, 2005 6:35 PM
To: For users of Fedora Core releases
Subject: Re: Bluetooth and linux

Rick Lim writes:

> A general knowledge question here,
> What Bluetooth gear is everyone able to use with FC1,2,3,4?

Belkin Bluetooth stick.

Although, for some strange reason, in FC 3 the usb drivers for the stick
come up only when the stick is inserted in the a rear USB slot.  I also have

two USB slots on the front, one of them is connected to a USB mouse.  If I
plug the Belkin into the other front USB slot, nothing happens.  The blue
LED on the stick begins flashing normally, it's getting power and
connectivity, but nothing happens on the Linux side.  Nothing gets logged to

/var/log/messages, no response whatsoever.  The stick works fine if I plug
it into the rear slot.  The Belkin stick worked in FC 2, in both the front
and the rear slots.  Go figure.

Thanks for the info