Help uninstalling extra languages from Open Office

Mike McCarty mike.mccarty at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 22 20:12:46 UTC 2005

yonas abraham wrote:
> Mike McCarty wrote:
>
>> I have Open Office installed on my machine FC2. At the time I did
>> the install, either I missed the ability to specify what to install
>> or it wasn't presented. In either case, I wound up with a nearly
>> 1GB directory tree. I would like to shrink this if possible.
>> In particular, I don't speak or use most of the languages in the
>> language pack. I might find Spanish and German useful, but not
>> any of the rest. I've used man, info, and Google, but haven't had
>> any success at finding out how to *remove* the language pack,
>> or portions thereof. Reading the OO FAQ hasn't helped, either.
>>
>> Would anyone direct me where to do a more successful search for this
>> information, please?
>>
>> Mike
>

> try
>
> yum remove openoffice-i18n

$ yum provides openoffice-i18n
Looking in available packages for a providing package
No packages found
Looking in installed packages for a providing package
No packages found

Thanks for the reply, but this doesn't seem to be it.

But I was able to find

$ yum provdies "openoffice*"

to give some stuff for openoffice.org-i18n, so perhaps that's it.

Even better is, how would I find out which package to remove?
I don't want to have to bother the list just to find out such
information.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.