problem of packet loss with e100 machine with fedora core 4

Steffen Kluge kluge at fujitsu.com.au
Fri Dec 23 00:18:00 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-12-22 at 13:10 -0600, Les Mikesell wrote:
> If you are sure that the port negotiation is working and
> both the nic and switch are running in full duplex it
> could be an interrupt sharing issue when running under
> Linux.  I'm not sure how to solve it, though.

That's an interesting point, I always wondered if/when overloading a
single interrupt (as ACPI does on my laptop) leads to performance
problems. It would be good to see the output of ``cat /proc/interrupts''
in this case.

I fixed the interrupt overloading on my laptop by booting with
acpi=noirq, BTW.

Cheers
Steffen.