need help (reclaiming disk space from Fedora for XP)

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sat Dec 24 02:59:55 UTC 2005

Manoj Reddy Palle wrote:

> hi
>
> i need urgent help. i got 28GB(divided into two drives) dedicated to
> windows XP and 10GB to fedora core linux. the problem is i want to
> remove fedora core linux. but i am unable to do it. i tried everyway
> to remove it. but i am unable to do it. i want to add that 10GB to my
> windows XP(i have some important info. to be dumped into XP). please
> reply me how to format linux from my system and add it to my windows
> XP. its very urgent
>
> thanks & regards
> Manoj Reddy.Palle

> <http://pa.yahoo.com/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=37474/*http://promo.yahoo.com/broadband/%20>

You could toggle the partition type to a type that windows recognizes,
like type c using fdisk in Linux. There is also tools very well hidden
in XP which can reclaim the partitions and format them from the XP
utility. I cannot recall the name for the XP disk management utility. I
had to use it a few times, but not enough to recall the location. I have
no XP to look for it either.

I hope this gives you some clues to what you would have to do in either
linux or XP.

Jim

--
Time sure flies when you don't know what you're doing.