S/Key and OPIE

Sergey mafia_rgd at mail.ru
Sun Dec 25 00:43:18 UTC 2005

Hi!

Can anyone recommend a method of using S/Key or OPIE on Linux / Fedora. These
technologies (also known as one-time passwords) are used on FreeBSD and are
very flexible instruments when dialing with system security.

Also, is Fedora willing to change from MD5 password crypts? It appears be very
weak against brute-force attacks - I cracked *ALL* my system/user password
(~20) within a night (got plain-text passwords) with a help of jack and a
simple shell script.

(*) Keep this in mind - once I own you /etc/shadow file, I know all your
*REAL* passwords.