Resizing partition with LVM

Reuben D. Budiardja techlist at pathfinder.phys.utk.edu
Mon Dec 26 13:58:02 UTC 2005

On Friday 23 December 2005 09:10, Craig McLean wrote:
> Reuben D. Budiardja wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I installed FC4 with "Automatic partitioning". Now I want to resize the
> > partition of / so that I can have free space (with no partition) to
> > install other OS. Here is how my system looks like:
<snip>
> I feel your pain. I went through this exercise a while back, there is
> probably some good info in the archives somewhere.

After trying several thing and none of them worked, I decided to just format
the drive and re-install everything from scratch. That took less time than
all the time I spent fooling around (googling, reading man pages, etc). It's
a shame there is no tool to do this on a Linux native partitions though.

> drive for just such things. You *do* have regular backups, right? ;-)

Of course :). rsnapshot is regularly running on my backup server.

> Kind Regards, and a merry christmas!

To you too (although it's late now).

RDB