Opening multiple files in Gnome.

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at courier-mta.com
Mon Dec 26 17:06:53 UTC 2005

In FC3, my system-install-packages.desktop file reads:

Exec=/usr/bin/system-install-packages %F

According to freedesktop docs, "%F" expands to a multiple list of filenames.
Therefore, if multiple desktop icons are clicked and opened, Gnome should
start a single copy of the application, and pass the list of files on the
command lines.

Yet, in FC3, clicking on multiple RPM files, and opening them, starts
multiple instances of system-install-packages, one instance per file.  I
haven't upgraded to FC4 yet, but if nautilus still does this in FC4, it
needs to be bugzillaed and fixed.