status of Palm Sync

David L idht4n at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 27 17:24:40 UTC 2005

>>it
>>broken
>>in
>[snip]

>>problem

[snip]
>>B. I created a /etc/dev directory and created the two ttyUSB0/1 nodes by
>>hand, pointing all pilot devices to the static device entries. This
>>solves all udev problems.
>
>This worked!  It was weird... udev seemed to be creating the nodes
>(although it took a little while), but when I statically create the device
>entries, pilot-xfer is much happier.  So far, all I've done is back up, but
>that's finally working.  :)  Now I'll try more complicated things like
>evolution sync.

I've had little luck with evolution.  It seems to crash a little bit more
often on startup since I've updated the pilot rpms... I don't know if that's
just a coincidence or not.  Evolution has always crashed 2x per day for me.
One error I got was:

GThread-ERROR **: file gthread-posix.c: line 160 (): error 'Device or
resource busy' during 'pthread_mutex_destroy ((pthread_mutex_t *) mutex)'
aborting...
Multiple segmentation faults occurred; can't display error dialog

I managed to sync one contact.  When I tried to sync my calendar, it started
to do something and then I got a message on my Treo saying "The connecttion
between your handheld computer and the desktop was lost.  Some of your data
was NOT backed up. gnome-pilot v.2.0.13."

Then a minute later on my computer: The application
"evolution-exchange-storage" has quit unexpectedly.  When I select "Inorm
Devolopers" and select evolution, it says "This application has bug
information, but Bug Buddy doesn't know about it.  Please choose another
application."

Then I get a message saying "Evolution tasks have quit unexpectedly"... then
"evolution calendar has crashed unexpectedly".

The installed RPMs for evolution have newer version numbers than the ones on
the http://zeniv.linux.org.uk/pub/people/mark_adams/ site, so I didn't
install them... should I install them even though their version is older?

Thanks...

                             David