FC4 Slow System

Jeremy Thompson jeremy.a.thompson+fedoralist at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 16:43:53 UTC 2005

All,
  Just built a Fedora System to act as a PVR.  But it is running so slow.
Takes almost a minute to open a terminal window.  It's a P4 2.4Ghz with a
Gig of mem, so it should be a problem.  Currently it's showing syslogd, and
klogd each taking 20~24% of the CPU cycle.  I haven't had this problem
before so I can't tell if this is a problem or not.

  I tried searching google and the archives, but it didn't help much.  Most
replies were to FC1&2 from years ago.

  If someone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

  Thank you,

JT