Missing shared libraries: libpcre.so.0 and libpam.so.0

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Thu Dec 29 19:47:21 UTC 2005

Am Mi, den 28.12.2005 schrieb Andrew B. Young um 20:37:

> Yesterday I found my FC4 system complaining about misssing libpcre.so.0 and libpam.so.0.  The system no longer functions; I can only boot up in single user mode.
> 1) Any ideas how these got lost?

Did you check that both libs are really gone? I would guess the issue is
caused by wrong context set with SELinux. Is your system up to date with
all the updates the Fedora repository provides?

restorecon -Rv /lib         -> to fix the contexts inside the /lib
(/lib64 if x86_64 arch) dir

touch /.autorelabel
reboot                              -> to relabel globally during a
system reboot

> Andrew

Alexander

Serendipity 20:43:03 up 25 days, 1:20, load average: 0.27, 0.55, 0.48