Why questions don't get answered, or "No, I've already RTFM, tell me the answer!"

John Summerfied debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Fri Dec 30 03:03:42 UTC 2005

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Hi
>

>> Gee, and here I thought he was volunteering to be a Fedora Marketing
>> Droid, one each, prepackaged and delivered. Last I knew Fedora was not
>> "marketed" at all by RedHat. It's their beta test group.
>

> Fedora has its own development and test releases. It doesnt have a beta
> release. RHEL has its own beta testing group thats independent from Fedora.

I generally characterise Fedora as a rolling beta. Recognising that, I
still use it, but it's a serious concern that people argue it's more
than that and think it a fine platform to which they might entrust their
business.

But then, I remember there are people who entrust their business to Windows.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait