Why questions don't get answered, or "No, I've already RTFM, tell me the answer!"

jdow jdow at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 30 04:02:07 UTC 2005

From: "Rahul Sundaram" <sundaram at redhat.com>
> John Summerfied wrote:
>
>> Rahul Sundaram wrote:

>>> I havent read all the mails in this thread so I am probably missing
>>> the reference. Not sure what I reinforced here.
>>>

>> Read what Craig said.
>>
> That isnt much helpful. Anyone care to expand on this?

That could have been
===8<---
Which brings us to a different fork in the road. Aside from the fact that
you can waste days finding things in wikis (tried the SpamAssassin wiki
ever?) sometimes you do not have days to solve a problem.
===8<---

Not sure how it applies - as long as I thought of the word reward it
gets found quickly in the Wiki. But you CAN get sidetracked easily
or fail to find the right word. Of course, there are subjects very
poorly covered in there as yet. It's another win some and lose some
site. But that's better than the next to nothing that existed when
I hit RedHat at about the 5.0 point. I did read the manual that came
with the boxed set and used some prior 'ix experience as a guide to
getting going. Without the 'ix experience, as light as it had been,
I'da never made it over the hump. (Of course, there are other humps
in the background that were obstructed by that first hump in the
foreground. {^_-})

And thanks a LOT for your time on this thread, Rahul. I figure it's
time someone mentioned that.

{^_^}    Joanne