GNome Un-install?

Ali Helmy alihelmy at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 18:22:00 UTC 2005

Hey

Sorry, I dont have the yum output now, cause this happened a long time
ago... But it removed everything, I had to re-install FC4 to get any access
to my pc, because when the yum was done with the pc, all I could do was
log-in to a console :$

I will try to simulate the removal again and find the yum output to list
here

On 12/30/05, Jonathan Underwood <j.underwood at open.ac.uk> wrote:

> Ali Helmy wrote:
> > I did the ($ yum groupremove "GNOME...etc) command, but it also
> > removed some weird stuff along... it removed for example,
> > openoffice.org writer, kdeadmin, openoffice.org langpacks and
> > others...
> >
> > why the hell did that happen?
>
> Some of those must have had (correctly or erroneously) dependencies on
> GNOME libraries. It would be useful if you could post the output of yum,
> or the list of packages that were removed (you could look in
> /var/log/yum.log). It may even be a bug in the yum dependency resolver.
> But without the details, it's impossible to tell. If you have the
> information, it would be very useful to packagers though.
>
> --

A. Helmy