Firefox 1.5 for FC4?

Anand Buddhdev arb at anand.org
Thu Dec 1 16:04:18 UTC 2005

Jack Howarth <howarth <at> bromo.msbb.uc.edu> writes:

>      Any idea when Fedora will upgrade FC4 to the new Firefox 1.5 release?
> Hopefully we won't have to wait for FC5 to get that.

Yesterday, I looked in Rawhide, and saw firefox-1.5 RC3. I downloaded it, but
then ran into dependency problems, because it wanted nspr, which wanted glibc
2.4, so I left it alone. Today I see firefox-1.5 final in Rawhide, so I guess it
will be built for FC4 and released soon (they typically release updated packages
on Mondays, so maybe next Monday). Otherwise, you could grab the SRPM from
Rawhide, and build it yourself on FC4. I'm going to try that in a few minutes to
see if it works.

Anand