Sylpheed-Claws: how to continue getting a mail from a connection break?

wwp subscript at free.fr
Fri Dec 2 08:27:25 UTC 2005

Hello Strong,

On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 23:40:08 +0300 Strong <s-strong at mail.ru> wrote:

> Sometimes when getting my mail from a server, the last one breaks the
> connection so that after some time when I try to get it again, the
> Sylpheed-Claws-1.9.15-1.fc4 gets the downloaded messages again. I want
> to reduce the traffic, so don't want that that be the case. Tell me
> please how I can do that? Thank You.

Tim is right about that. POP protocol is safe around that, and if the POP
session doesn't end properly, it's better *for you* to be able to get the
messages again. You should understand why you get such network problem, and
try to fix it 'cause I'm afraid that you would face the same problem w/
another MUA.

As a workaround, if you are *sure* that you got that email entirely, it might
be convenient either to delete the email using a HTML interface if any, or
to use another tool that allows deleting emails w/o downloading them. If the
email size is very big (and if the size is the problem here), you can
temporarily avoid downloading it by using the relevant account receive option
- of course it would stay on the server until you remove it by hand or w/o
network problem.

BTW, did you enable "remove messages on server when received" or "download
all messages from server" in the "Receive" tab of the account prefs?

Regards,

--
wwp