Installation Question

Anil Kumar Sharma xplusaks at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 17:48:41 UTC 2005

Thanks James,
First, I apologise for wrong spell check, my mistake, no excuses.
Two, it was not Redhat but some flavour (not exactly meaning that),
something before 'slackware', was it? I really cannot recall. There was real
difficulty to squeeze selection of packages along with swap size requirement
plus working space. I remember doing lot of 'defrag' to get that swap file
in place. Yes files were on / no special big file, but more probably on d:
(bcoz, c: was not to be touched) and it was lilo. AFAIR.
Three, game was important than illegal; for us partition handling was very
very difficult to get right, so we never used to even attempt - same as
illegal. This was meant to be on the lighter side, went off and rather
became heavy!
Four, I missed shifting one full line (second one) , so the missed context
of lines, again my mistake ctrl-x, ctrl-v, no excuses.
Five, We had a Guru colleague (1995~97) who led us Linux way, made it work
for us. but we had to give it up. It was in office and there, windows was
more productive; yes, in those days, the easy way out not the best and where
*.dwg files weighed in favour of win.
Last but above all, I appreciate your telling me so politely, decisively
that I have to improve; I must, and specially thank you just for that.

On 12/3/05, James Wilkinson <fedora at westexe.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> By the way, it's customary to trim stuff like signatures. And I don't
> want to be rude, but
> http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#writewell would seem
> to apply.

PS : I hope snip / trim is OK.