Question about the raidreconf tool

fedora-list at jamesplace.net fedora-list at jamesplace.net
Tue Dec 6 01:34:41 UTC 2005

I'm looking for some help with the raidreconf tool.

I'm currently attempting this on a test machine. I've got two disks in RAID0
I want to add a third and change to RAID5

When I execute the command:
raidreconf -o /etc/raidtab -n /etc/raidtab.new -m /dev/md0

I get the following output:
Parsing /etc/raidtab
Parsing /etc/raidtab.new
Your on-disk array MUST be clean first.
reconfiguration failed.

The only hints I could find on google were to execute raidstop /dev/md0

I did that but no change.

I have also destroyed all data on all three disks and recreated them and
attempted the raidreconf with no data. Also no success.

Any hint, educated guesses, or clairvoyant interpretation would be greatly
appreciated.