Anaconda install off DVD image

Edward Dekkers edward at tripled.iinet.net.au
Tue Dec 6 03:43:38 UTC 2005

Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> Can Anaconda in FC[45] install off a DVD iso image that's saved in an
> existing disk partition?
>
> AFAIK, Anaconda could be pointed at a directory with the individual CD
> iso distribution images.  Can it do the same with the single DVD iso image?

I'm pretty sure I did this before, when I had a Fedora DVD, but no DVD
drive in the target system. I copied the iso to the target Linux box,
then run the installer in a custom way, you can mount the iso and run
the installer off it.

I can't seem to find the instructions I used, but I'm sure if you check
the Fedora/Redhat site on anything to do with install or anaconda,
you'll find it too.

To answer your question briefly, yes it is possible but I do not
remember exactly how I did it.

Regards,
Ed.