CD Printer

Peter Arremann loony at loonybin.org
Tue Dec 6 05:21:51 UTC 2005

Guys,

I've been trying to track down both software and hardware to print nice
looking CD labels directly onto the medium using Linux. A friend of mine is
running a Epson R340 with the bundled windows software and it looks really
great - much better than the paper labels most people use.

The hardware side is the first dead end. The printer needs to double as a
regular letter sized desktop printer. Unfortunately the R[23]x0 printers are
all only partially supported according to everything I read on
linuxprinting.org and others. HP doesn't seem to make a model that does cd
printing. Neither does canon.

The software is the second issue. GLabel looks good but how will it play
together with the printer? I guess I'd then go through the template designer
and then its trial and error from there... ?

Any help is appreciated,

Peter.