up2date wrong version after updating to fc4.

Kim Lux lux at diesel-research.com
Tue Dec 6 17:50:13 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-12-06 at 08:30 +0000, Paul Howarth wrote:

> Let's try to fix this first. You have multiple repository definitions
> for the extras, updates-released, and base repositories, which probably
> means that your existing FC3 repo definitions are still active. I'd
> guess that you have them in /etc/yum.conf, whereas they are specified in
> separate files in directory /etc/yum.repos.d in FC4. Try
> editing /etc/yum.conf and removing the entries for these three
> repositories from there.

I checked yum.conf before I submitted my problem to the list.

The problem turned out to be that I had 2 versions of rpm installed on
the machine.  One of them must have been an FC3 version and another was
FC4.  I removed the earlier version and now "yum update" is running.  I
prefer it to up2date because it gives more output if something goes
wrong.  Yum had the same fc3 error that up2date had, I just didn't
mention it.

Yum update appears to be working fine.  It downloaded 419 packages and
is now applying them.

--
Kim Lux,  Diesel Research Inc.