HP 870 Cse + HPIJS 2.14 Printer Driver does not support two-sided print

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 19:02:13 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-12-06 at 12:17, Mike McCarty wrote:

> > You can script anything you want in a queue, but
> > there is no relationship between the queue and your
> > terminal.  What should happen if someone else sends
> > a job while you have the flipped stack in the printer?
>
> Thre isn't anyone else to do that.

Consider it a theoretical question then.  What should a
multiuser queuing system do when certain things have to
be done between certain jobs?   I haven't played with
print queues since lpr days before cups was developed and
there might be better facilities now, but I'd probably
set up 3 queues.  One where you initially send the job
which would submit the odd output of psselect to another queue
and the even to the 3rd. These would each have to be manually
enabled for each job and would also run ghostscript with
the correct options for the printer if it doesn't accept
postscript directly. Then you'd print, enable the odd queue,
flip the paper and enable printing from the even queue.

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com