two dbus installed on FC4

Patrick Boutilier boutilpj at ednet.ns.ca
Thu Dec 8 02:14:53 UTC 2005

E GCP wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just did a fresh installation of FC4 and looking with Yumex I found
> out there were 2 rpms of dbus installed.
>
> alfa at computer ~]$ rpm -qa dbus
> dbus-0.33-3
> dbus-0.33-3.fc4.1
>
> Does FC4 is supposed to be this way? Should I uninstall one, which one?

dbus-0.33-3.fc4.1 is the one from Fedora updates . Not sure where
dbus-0.33-3 came from. It really shouldn't hurt anything to have both
installed but if you really want to get rid of dbus-0.33-3 from the rpm
database do this:

rpm -e --justdb --nodeps dbus-0.33-3

This might get rid of the other dbus as well. If it does run:

yum install dbus