libselinx-devel: Needed for vim?

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Thu Dec 8 02:53:11 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-12-07 at 18:33 -0800, Bill Rees wrote:
>     I downloaded the vim source code in fc 4 and behold.  It requires
> libselinux-devel sources in order to compile but I cannot find that srpm
> on fedora.redhat.com/download.  I can find libselinux itself which I'm
> tyring now to see if that will work but I'll have to dummy up a .pc file
> to satisfy the configure script.  Would someone clue me in on where
> libselinux-devel.srpm lives?
>
> Bill Rees

Maybe I don't understand what you need, but why roll your own from
source when vim is part of the distribution and the RPMs are there?
Yum will install vim and all the needed requisites (if any) for you.

Is there something special you are doing to vim that requires it be
other than the distributed version??