yum "what you can" option?

Paul Lemmons paul.lemmons at tmcaz.com
Thu Dec 8 17:57:44 UTC 2005

I came up with a very similar solution.  It is taking forever, though,
because it has to go out and download the repository headers every time.
I tried using "yum makecache" and then "yum -C -y ..." in hopes that it
would get header information from the cache but it seems that the "-C"
expects both the header AND rpm to be cached. I could not find an option
to download the rpms with the headers so am a bit confused as to the
value of "makecache".

Anyway, I appreciate the responses. They let me know I was on the right
path.