Bug report requests for Fedora build of OpenOffice.org software

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Mon Dec 12 05:09:58 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-12-11 at 22:10 +0300, Strong wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 19:40:35 -0400 Peter Arremann <loony at loonybin.org>
> wrote:
> > For one or another reason a distribution repackages code and then the
> > upstream providers will not help you out.
> First, thanks Peter for explanation on how things are going on with the
> package developers and their relation on our bug reports of their
> products.
>
> but the question arises, How to live farther? Or, in other words. What
> is the distribution that can be used in order to get help from the
> package developers?
>
> Thank You for You answer.
>
> PS Assuredly, multiple distributions is a Great Evil!

This is true only if you WANT to be told exactly what you can and cannot
have and how to use it.

Multiple distributions is a result of the freedom to choose what to make
available (distributors) and to choose what to use (users).

Also, note that you are not locked into using only what is packaged in
the distribution, but can add or delete packages as you choose.

Therefore, the answer to your question is:  Install the package directly
from the developers and then you may get their support.