Enlightenment on FC3 Install Problems (WAS: fedora-list Digest, Vol 22, Issue 104)

Edward Dekkers edward at tripled.iinet.net.au
Mon Dec 12 06:34:36 UTC 2005

sujit sugathan wrote:
> hi
> i'm new to linux .
> i've just got a new window manager --enlightenment.can somebody please
> help me with the instructions about how to install it on my FC3.
>
> On 12/12/05, fedora-list-request at redhat.com
> <fedora-list-request at redhat.com> wrote:

Please NEVER reply with the complete digest. I myself, as I'm sure a lot
of others subscribe to the full mail format and the last thing we want
is people who subscribe to the digest to post the whole digest to the list.

Secondly, you must NEVER use a reply to start a new topic or ask a new
question. This is called Thread Hijacking, and although it seems you've
done it by mistake, a lot of people get upset by it, including me.

A minor one - please do not top post. In your case you weren't really
replying to anything, but always reply to people's post either in-post
(where you reply to separate sections of a post inside the original
post), or reply at the bottom of a post (so it remains chronological and
easier to understand/follow).

Another minor one - look at the subject line. Does "fedora-list Digest,
Vol 22, Issue 104" really explain to the rest of the list users what you
are trying to do? I don't think so. I've taken the liberty of changing
the subject to something more meaningful.

Now that you have learned how to post here let's get on with your question.

Where did you get it from and what format is it in? I need this info to
give you more help.

I should also mention FC3 has been upgraded to FC4 for quite a while
now. Most of the talk on this list relates to the latest version, so you
may want to consider installing FC4 first.

Regards,
Ed.