CUPS- Fedora 3

akonstam at trinity.edu akonstam at trinity.edu
Mon Dec 12 15:01:15 UTC 2005

On Mon, Dec 12, 2005 at 08:14:38AM -0600, A. John Peters wrote:
> I have have installed Fedora 3 on a Dell with 512 mbytes of memory.  It
> is configured using DHCP.  I had printing working, but then I remove the
> Ethernet cable for a while.  Now I cannot do an lpstat (get permission
> to host denied) or lp.  Restart CUPS and everything says okay.  I see no
> obvious errors in the log.  I have google all of my error messages, but
> I cannot find a similar problem in Fedora, just other distributions.
>
> Has anyone else seen this error?  If so where do I start debugging?
>
> Another questions, is there a way to search the fedora archives?

You have left out something. You are using a network printer?
I have never seem this but one might hypothesize that the disappearance
of the network connection causes cups to get confused. It is hard to
believe but is possible I guess.

Search the fedora archives here:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=fedora-list

Do you know the one -- "All I ask is a tall ship, and a star to steer
her by ..."  You could feel the wind at your back, about you ...  the
sounds of the sea beneath you.  And even if you take away the wind and
the water, it's still the same.  The ship is yours ... you can feel her
... and the stars are still there.
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University