Athlon64 + MSI = Problems with APIC

Murphy, Patrick murphyp1 at msu.edu
Mon Dec 12 22:47:36 UTC 2005

I had the same time drift issue.  I have an Athlon64 X2 chip and an
MSI-7100.  It seems that the default system timer detection in newer
kernels has changed.  After searching the net, I found that adding the
option  clock=pmtmr to the /boot/grub/grub.conf for the kernel you are
sample from my system is below:

default=0
timeout=10
splashimage=(hd0,1)/grub/splash.xpm.gz
hiddenmenu
title Fedora Core (2.6.14-1.1644_FC4smp)
  root (hd0,1)
  kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.14-1.1644_FC4smp ro root=/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00
rhgb clock=pmtmr quiet
  initrd /initrd-2.6.14-1.1644_FC4smp.img

The