SSH Security

John Summerfied debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Wed Dec 14 07:28:51 UTC 2005

Leonard Isham wrote:

> Second you are creating complexity, which is the nemesis of security,
> Complex solutions are more vulnerable due to the chance for error.

There's a myth

> Use depth in defense.  Multiple simple layers of security... firewall,
> local iptables, ssh, no root access, sudo, logs....

exploded right here.

Be very sure that intelligence agencies, corporates with fingers in
defence industries have much more complicated ideas of security than we
can dream of.

WEP is (relatively) simple. WEP is broken and tools to discover WEP keys
are readily available, even part of some Linux distros.

Radius is more complicated, but AFAIK works.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait