amd .vs intel....

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Thu Dec 15 01:27:48 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-12-14 at 17:31 +1100, taso wrote:
> Robin Laing wrote:
> >
> > Of course I don't support software piracy when you can get it for free
> > with Linux or open source software.  Okay so it seems to be a back
> > handed way of getting Linux onto more computers.
> >

> The best thing that could happen to Linux would be for Microsoft to stamp
> out piracy.

Why restrict that action to Microsoft?  Piracy costs us all in some way.
FOSS eliminates the temptation for piracy in many ways but it takes
action from those who can identify when piracy is occurring to stamp it
out.

I think there are many more companies than Microsoft that lose to
piracy... mainly the applications developers.