amd .vs intel....

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Thu Dec 15 01:54:38 UTC 2005

Jeff Vian wrote:

>On Wed, 2005-12-14 at 17:31 +1100, taso wrote:
>

>>Robin Laing wrote:
>>

>>>Of course I don't support software piracy when you can get it for free
>>>with Linux or open source software.  Okay so it seems to be a back
>>>handed way of getting Linux onto more computers.
>>>

>>The best thing that could happen to Linux would be for Microsoft to stamp
>>out piracy.
>>

>Why restrict that action to Microsoft?  Piracy costs us all in some way.
>FOSS eliminates the temptation for piracy in many ways but it takes
>action from those who can identify when piracy is occurring to stamp it
>out.
>
>I think there are many more companies than Microsoft that lose to
>piracy... mainly the applications developers.

Some that cry piracy (corporations) stole the concepts and code from
other corporations. Piracy has to be defined in different terms before
it is of any importance at all. To me, piracy is just a buzzword for
those that can legally steal from others, then have all the resources
from their acts of stealing from others (money and political clout),
then cry about another's actions.
Netscape, stacker, Apple, pctools and so many other comanies were put
out from one of the best known pirate corporatiions of all, next only to
oil and the trilateral commission.

Jim