Unable to run administrative applications from Xnest

redhatdude at bellsouth.net redhatdude at bellsouth.net
Thu Dec 15 02:22:19 UTC 2005

Hi,
This is a little weird. I am unable to run administrative
applications from Xnest. What I do is ssh -X user at linuxbox and once
there I launch Xnest :2 -geometry 800x600 -query localhost
I can't do anything that requires me to enter my root password. The
applications won't start after I click ok. I then logged in as root
and did the same thing in KDE within the user root environment. Same
thing. Administrative applications won't start. If I vnc into the
machine everything works as expected. If I forward X and instead of
launching Xnest I launch startkde then everything works as expected.
It's only when I'm in Xnest that this happens.
Can anyone help?
Thanks,
Ellier