mail server

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Dec 15 12:30:07 UTC 2005

CodeHeads:
>> Quick question: Does Dovecot support multiple domains?

Les Mikesell:
> Dovecot is an imap server.  You connect to it and it shows the
> local mailbox files for your login.  It doesn't know or care
> about the names used to get the files there.

It might care if you're using SSL certificates with it.

But the question is double-edged.  They might be referring to it
handling mail for one person that has multiple accounts with different
domains.  I do that with mine, fetchmail gets all the mail and
determines who's the local recipient for each one.  Dovecot just holds
each users local store.

I read messages from the public lists.