OT: Gmail and reading this list

Christofer C. Bell christofer.c.bell at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 16:25:23 UTC 2005

On 12/10/05, Claude Jones <claude_jones at levitjames.com> wrote:

> There would be no problem if I read from the web interface, but I hate reading
> mail that way, and prefer to have an archive in one place (actually, multiple
> places) of my mail. I keep an archive on at least three different machines,
> and often search the mail for posts that I read on some problem that didn't
> pertain to me at the time, but am currently running into.

Perhaps it's time to re-evaluate how you use email. ;-)  The entire
point of Gmail is "read anywhere, search your email easily, never
worry about losing it."  You seem to be doing an awful lot of work to
avoid enjoying any of the benefits Gmail was setup to provide.  This
is akin to buying a house and never moving in, living out of your car
instead, but not renting the place out, either.

--
Chris

"I trust the Democrats to take away my money, which I can afford.  I
trust the Republicans to take away my freedom, which I cannot."