No eth0 with Kernel 2.6.14 -

bobgoodwin bobgoodwin at att.net
Fri Dec 16 01:53:14 UTC 2005

                I updated Kernel 2.6.12-1.1447_FC4  to
                2.6.14-1.1644_FC4 which seems to be an improvement.  I
                notice that "sensors" works for the first time since
                RH9  but  during boot it fails to find eth0 and as a
                consequence Firestarter crashes and leaves me with no
                firewall. Normally  eth0 is used to connect to another
                computer while the internet connection is via a dial up
                modem, the only service available in this rural area.

                Things still work normally with the 2.6.12 Kernel I am
                using now.

                Any suggestion on where to look for the ethernet problem
                is appreciated.

                Bob Goodwin