Binding ports for NFS

redhatdude at bellsouth.net redhatdude at bellsouth.net
Fri Dec 16 04:56:44 UTC 2005

Hi,
Let's see if I have more luck with this question and somebody answers
it.
I'm trying to share a folder using NFS. The problem I'm having is
with the ports some of the daemons use and the firewall. The ports
for portmapper and nfsd remain the same all the time and I can open
them in the firewall. However, daemons such as lockd and mountd
change every time I load the nfs service. What I'd like to do is bind
these daemos to a specific port that would remain open in the
firewall. How can I accomplish that?
Thanks a lot for any help,
EJ