VMware module warning

Sergey mafia_rgd at mail.ru
Fri Dec 16 08:08:05 UTC 2005

I do realise that kernel gets "tainted" because the modules has not got the
proper license specified, like GPL. The question is: how do I make the
message dissapear, while redirections >/dev/null 2>&1 do not help..

And why the message is printed to the console?

lrwxrwxrwx S12syslog -> ../init.d/syslog
lrwxrwxrwx S19vmware -> ../init.d/vmware

Syslog is started prior to vmware execution. Indeed, when vmware is started by
hand (not on startup), that messages goes to syslog, *not* to the console.