Cups not seeing remote printer!

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Dec 16 09:10:35 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-12-15 at 16:39 -0600, John Pierce wrote:
> I have tried both ways, manually pointing the /etc/cups/client.conf
> file at the print.local.net server and not modifying it.  In either
> case the systems will not even see the other printer.
>
> I have selinux disabled, no firewall running or iptables.
>
> Now, from all I have read, after configuring this printer on the
> server it should show up for the clients within 30 seconds (that's per
> the cups/sam page).

Have you restarted CUPS since making the changes?

You may need to go through the server's /etc/cups/cupds.conf file and
"allow" the local network to use it.  I seem to recall having to do
that.  Just browse through the file, reading the comments, and you
should find where you can do that.  Allowing access to / (root) seems
necessary, but you don't need to allow everyone configuration access.

I read messages from the public lists.