Changing SSH and Apache ports

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Dec 16 08:53:57 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-12-15 at 23:51 +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> You mention that this is not so important for http as it is with ssh.
> Is this because apache is harder to compromise, or because if it is
> compromised it is less dangereous? Most of the 'attacks' I get in my
> apache log files are windows exploits.

That will have something to do with it, but I'd hazard a guess along the
following lines:  Breaking into your SSH server allows them to do
anything that you can do at the CLI.  Breaking into a secure web server
only allows them to do whatever exploits can be done to the webserver.

I read messages from the public lists.