Mouse pointer in FC3

Ross A. Osborn rosborn61 at comcast.net
Sat Dec 17 02:29:04 UTC 2005

akonstam at trinity.edu wrote:

>On Fri, Dec 16, 2005 at 12:05:50AM -0500, Ross A. Osborn wrote:
>

>>My mouse pointer frequently changes to being solid black which then makes
>>it almost invisible on a dark background.  Two application that I know of
>>that make this happen are gvim and mutt.  These both make the cursor
>>disappear
>>

>I am not sure what the problem is but I can't understand what the
>mouse pointer has to do with mutt? Can you enlighten me?

Mutt is one of the applications that I use that will make the mouse
pointer turn solid
black.  Mutt and gvim both have the characteristic that when you press a
key on the
keyboard, they hide the mouse pointer so that it is not blocking any of
the window.
If you move the mouse, the mouse pointer will re-appear.  Unfortunately,
when it
re-appears it is solid black.