YASP (Yet Another Sendmail Problem)

Steven W. Orr steveo at syslang.net
Sat Dec 17 16:35:24 UTC 2005

I just moved from my older dying box to new hardware. After the migration, I
found that I could not send from my own machine. Reception worked but I could
not send. Using the exact same sendmail.mc, it turns out that masquerading
seems to have somewhat broken.

Hi. I zoomed in further on what my problem is but I have no idea how to
fix it. I placed a copy of my sendmail.mc at

http://steveo.syslang.net/sendmail.mc

The relevant lines in my sendmail.mc are:

FEATURE(`always_add_domain')
MASQUERADE_AS(`syslang.net')
MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(`syslang.net')

The problem is that masquerading is not happening on a send. If I send to
foo then sendmail expands it to go to foo at saturn.syslang.net instead of
sending to foo at syslang.net

If I send *from* foo, then foo (by default) is sending from
foo at saturn.syslang.net instead of from foo at syslang.net

Does anyone have an idea for how I can fix this?

steveo at syslang.net