xmms fixed

George Hare hare.george at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 20:52:18 UTC 2005

George Hare replied:
> Thanks James. Worked like a charm.

Good.

Make sure yum doesn't offer to re-"upgrade" it: put
exclude=xmms
in /etc/yum.conf .

Hope this helps,

James.

This is probably dumb, but I have been using up2date for most updates
and yum for just a select few. I shut my machine down when not in use
so there is no nightly yum update. I already have some dependency
issues and can't update gnome, but I don't feel like re-installing and
then going through the hassle of getting all my settings back to the
way I like them. I think I'll just wait for FC5 (if there will be one)
before doing that. Is that light at the end of the tunnel a train
coming? Thanks again James.

George