Tar find bzip2

Franck Y franck110 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 07:07:41 UTC 2005

Fellows,
I'm kind of fed up of all this backup software, due to several reason,
i ll manage my backup with Tar.
My problem is this one:

Every night a 00:01 am my computer will do a backup of the folder
which had been modified in the folder roger
The command to look after those is :

find /home/roger/ -mtime 1 -daystart

I wanted to copy this files to an archive:

find /home/roger/ -mtime 1 -daystart -exec tar -zxf '{}' ';'

But i get an error which says :

 tar: /home/roger/work: cannot be read: is a directory

with several other lines

How can i manage this
i want to back up every file but with the full path

Exemple:
home/roger/work/work1.txt

If i uncompress the archive i ll will get
home/roger/work/work1.txt
not only work1.txt

I wanted to do it with bz2 as well but i did n t get it neither

 find /home/roger/ -mtime 1 -daystart -exec tar cvf  | bzip2 -9 >
/backup/file_mod.tar.bz2 {} \;

Thanks for your help
--
Franck