Getting fuji to work as webcam

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 22:52:31 UTC 2005

On 12/18/05, Joel Jaeggli <joelja at darkwing.uoregon.edu> wrote:

> If you put it in webcam mode what does your machine detect when you plug
> the camera in (presumably not a mass storage device)? There are a number
> of usb video capture chipsets  supported by linux, though it's entirely
> possible that whatever the fuji has isn't one of them.
>
> joelja

Nothing shows up in KDiskFree. I can set the camera to turn on in Mass
Storage mode, with I _can_ mount in KDiskFree, but not in webcam mode.
In webcam mode nothing changes when I turn the camera on- as if it
isn't there.

Dotan Cohen
http://technology-sleuth.com/technical_answer/what_is_a_router.html