Program to convert a AVI file to VOB format

Paul Smith phhs80 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 16:57:35 UTC 2005

On 12/19/05, Peter Lesterhuis <peterlesterhuis at tiscali.nl> wrote:

> >> Thanks, Bob, but mencoder is probably the most complicated program
> >> ever made in the history of humankind. Definitely, I cannot deal with
> >> mencoder.
> >
> >Agreed.  The one time I've used it, it was tedious.  How about kmenc:
> >
> >http://linux.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Video/Kmenc15-2537.shtml
> >
> >I don't know anything about it, but might be worth a look.
>
> Are you looking for a program to create dvd 's?
> In that case have a look at:
> https://developer.berlios.de/projects/tovid/
> It is a suite of tools converting almost any video-format into dvd. It's
> easy to use, even if you (like me) have limited knowledge of handling
> video-formats, thanks to the clear documentation.

Thanks, Peter and Bob. Tovid seems to be good and simple. Another set
of scripts quite good and simple for the same job is videotrans:

http://videotrans.sourceforge.net/

«videotrans is a set of scripts that allow its user to reformat
existing movies into the VOB format that is used on DVDs.

Furthermore, videotrans supplies programs which allow its user to
create a complete DVD, including selection menus which allow the
viewer to choose which movie he/she wants to see, if more than one
movie fits onto a DVD.»

Paul

Paul